- Allocates ISBN Publisher Prefixes to eligible publishers based on the information provided by the publisher
- Advises publishers on the correct and proper implementation of the ISBN System
- Maintains a database of publishers and their prefixes for inclusion in the Publishers International ISBN Directory
- Encourages and promotes the use of the Bookland EAN bar code format
- Encourages and promotes the importance of the ISBN for a proper listing of titles with bibliographic agencies such as Nielsen
- Provides technical advice and assistance to publishers and the book trade on all aspects of ISBN usage.
Important Information for Publishers or contact the Nielsen ISBN Agency.
Tel: +44 (0)1483 712 215
Fax: +44 (0)1483 712 214
About Nielsen Book
Nielsen Book is a leading provider of search, discovery, commerce, consumer research and retail sales analysis services globally. Nielsen runs the Registration Agencies (ISBN and SAN Agencies for UK & Ireland, ISTC), provides search and discovery products through its Nielsen BookData product range, electronic trading via Nielsen BookNet and PubEasy services, retail sales analysis via Nielsen BookScan and consumer research through its Books and Consumer Survey.
Nielsen acquired the business Intelligence and commerce solutions products: PubTrack ™ Digital, PubTrack ™ Christian, PubTrack™ Higher-Ed, and Books & Consumers, Global Ebook Monitor and custom research. Commerce Solutions products: PubEasy® and Pubnet® in 2013. Together these servcies enhance Nielsen Book’s solutions portfolio and brings deeper insights and improved efficiencies to the global book industry.
The group employs 120 staff. The company is wholly owned by Nielsen. For more information, please visit: www.nielsenbook.co.uk
Nielsen Holdings N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global information and measurement company with leading market positions in marketing and consumer information, television and other media measurement, online intelligence and mobile measurement. Nielsen has a presence in approximately 106 countries, with headquarters in New York, USA and Diemen, the Netherlands. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com.
Nielsen Book Services Limited
Incorporated in England and Wales / Company Number: 00070437
Registered Office: 3rd Floor Midas House, 62 Goldsworth Road, Woking, Surrey GU21 6LQ
Tel +44 (0)1483 712 200 / Fax +44 (0)1483 712 201
VAT Registration Number GB 232 1805 01